Organizational psychologists have observed seismic changes in the world of work. Every year, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) lists the SIOP Top 10
Examine how ONE 2020 Top 10 Workplace Trend relates to ONE of the following four topics:
- Job analysis
- Employee Recruitment, Selection, and Placement
- Assessing and selecting employees
- Evaluating employee performance at your workplace.
- To do well, you need to integrate all three components: Trend + Topic + Workplace o g., How does [Trend] relate to [Topic] at your [Workplace]?
- In more detail: How does [the trend of workplace health and well-being] relate to [evaluating employee performance] at your [manufacturing plant]?
- To answer this question, you will have to review information from your textbook on your chosen topic: a) Job analysis (Chapter 3), b) Employee Recruitment, Selection, and Placement (Chapter 4), c) Assessing and selecting employees (Chapter 5), d) Evaluating employee performance (Chapter 6).
- However, this will not be sufficient as the information in the textbook is limited and also unlikely to touch on this exact subject matter. You are required to do additional research and cite at least THREE journal articles or book chapters of published books (excluding the textbook) for this question.
- Reading widely and beyond the textbook will add depth to your essay, and references to relevant research studies and examples will attract more marks. There is an abundance of credible resources that you can access from the library and Library eResources. Do note that internet references such as Wikipedia, SimplyPyschology.org, and online student papers are not counted as credible resources.
- You will need to cite all sources and provide complete references in APA 7 style.
- When planning and writing the essay, do remember that an analytical argument and critical evaluation will gain more marks than a descriptive essay.